Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Military Life-When Your Hubby gets the Flu from the Flu Vaccine. What to do.

 
It's that time again. Every year my husband is forced to receive the flu vaccine. Now I know from experience that the subject of vaccines can stir up some crazy heated debates. You won't get that from me. I have an opinion and I'm allowed that. So is everyone else. :)

What I'm writing about today is that every year my Air force husband is forced to get a flu shot and every year my husband gets the flu. I know some people who would say it's just a coincidence but I don't think so. (Remember, I'm entitled to my opinion) I can also tell you that every year my elderly mother gets her flu shot and every year like clock work she too gets the flu.

 If the shots are so wonderful then why does everyone we know get sick after taking them? (Don't feel the need to answer. I have my own assumptions. :)

I'm not going to rant and rave about our world and the force of their opinions on others. What I will tell you is what I did to heal my husband.


I gave him raw garlic.



If you're a health conscious mama like myself, you are no doubt already familiar with garlics incredible properties and just what it can be used for. If you're not, take some time and research it. It's really incredible. Garlic works as an antibiotic and works fast!

When my hubby started showing signs of the flu coming on I cut up a clove of garlic. I drizzled raw honey (you can use any kind) on a spoon and put the garlic on it. I did this for him every two hours and by the next day there were no more signs of the flu. I had caught it fast and kicked it out!

Now if you're later in your flu cycle, you might have to take it more than 24 hours to kick yours. I'm not doctor so I'm not sure. All I can tell you is my experience and my experience is pretty awesome.

Another story: Last month my girls came down with some nasty cold thing. My eldest and I were the last to catch it. During this time was when I remembered reading about garlic so we tried it. My chest had been hurting and I could only cough dry. After taking the garlic and honey twice I began to clear my chest. I didn't take it as often as I gave my husband but I felt better by that night. I took it only once the next day and was all better by the next morning. So was my daughter!

My one tip: Garlic is some potent stuff. I took one dose with the clove not chopped as fine as I would assume they should have been. I also took it on an empty stomach and instantly my stomach didn't feel the best. After I realized that my decision hadn't been the best I started trying to think of what I could do to feel better. All I could think of was milk and I'm glad I did. I put some raw milk into a glass and drank it. In less than 5 minutes I felt better.

Kristy's garlic tip of the day: Chop it small, and don't take it on an empty stomach. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that really stinks that he HAS to get the flu shot! I am guessing my opinion is the same as yours!!
    Garlic is so amazing! I cured a bad bladder infection with raw garlic just a few months ago! I only had to take it for two days (compared to the TEN DAY antibiotic they wanted to give me, two days of garlic was easy-peasy!)
    Also, maybe you would be interested in this link to make Medicinal Pickled Garlic. Mine is almost done!!

    http://blog.cherylsdelights.com/2012/10/medicinal-pickled-garlic/

    Have a great day. Glad your husband is feeling better!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blog link Nicole! I will def. check it out. I just made fire cider today. I made it last year but was too chicken to try it. This year I'm going to be more brave. lol

    I had never thought about garlic for bladder infections. That's so awesome! The last time I took medicine for one I was pregnant and took Macrobid. There was a warning on the information sheet that if you were to get severely sick a year later to let the doctor know you took Macrobid the year before. O.O I marked the date on my calendar and prayed.

    I'm so glad that if I ever get one again I now know what I can do to help rid myself of it naturally. The last time I started to get one I did lots of research and discovered DMannose. That stuff kicked worked too. It's pricey though. You should google it. It's form the cranberry if I remember correctly. It's a white powder that you mix in water and it kind of taste like watermelon. It's yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Sooo funny that you just wrote about DMannose. Just pulled it out about a half hour ago and started taking it! Hahaha. During that same infection I had read about it (during my second day taking the garlic), so my husband stopped at our local health food store, he called me to ask the name of it again and when he found it and told me it was 31.99 I told him NOT to buy it for that price, that I would be fine continuing the garlic, sure enough, he showed up with it! :)
    I have a lot of trouble with kidney stones, so the second I feel the tiniest twinge of *anything-like-that* I get nervous that it's an infection. That's why this evening I went to the cupboard for some! (Mine is in capsule form).

    Wow, that's scary about the Macrobid, I am not sure I have heard of it before but yikes! Medicine just scares me more now than ever!
    I can't wait for my pickled garlic to be done. The website I gave you isnt the one I used to make mine, but I couldn't find the one I originally used. But googling it, this one had the identical recipe!

    And oh, th Fire Cider...Now that's one I have to google...never heard of it! Going to look it up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. H! I'm back so soon...I WILL be making fire cider!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just reminded me that I need to go shake my fire cider! hahaha Thank you!!

    DMannose is so pricey, but sooo worth it! If you're still having any discomfort, have you tried taking one tsp. of baking soda in water every few hours? That really helped me. Before I got the Dmannose I also took some Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar if I remember correctly. Once I took the Dmannose I was way better soon! I hope it helps you like it did with me. If it wasn't so darn pricey I would stock up on it and take it as a preventative, esp. having so many girls in my house. lol

    Hugs mama!! Feel better soon!! I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete