I first saw this recipe floating around the web last year. I made it and threw it away once it was done. I admit it. Fear got the best of me. That and a person's negativity. Ugh... I'm not a fan of being wasteful, or fearful for that matter. It was a sad time for me.
This year I did some more research and was determined to try it again. The negative person is no longer in my life and I knew what I had to do. I had to squish fear where it hurts and I'm so glad I did!
This stuff is awesome!
It does take weeks to reach its proper potency but when it's done, in the words and inflection of my 7 year old, "It's awesooooome!" lol
I have kicked one sickness already this week by taking this every hour for a day and a couple times the next two days. Praise God for a break from all that garlic cutting!!
And... it's THM Friendly!! You can even drizzle it on a yummy salad as a dressing.
Here's the recipe...
- 1/2 cup grated Horseradish
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Ginger
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (I love me some cayenne, cher. For those of you wondering what I just said, I'm Cajun French and cher is a French people term of endearment ;) It translates to "dear.")
- Zest and juice (or juice only) from one lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Turmeric powder
- Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
2. Shake daily. Store 4-6 weeks.
*You can also add honey to yours when its done. I didn't and we all love it! (well, not hubby, but I never thought he would. lol) My 2 and 4 year old beg for it! They love the kick it gives you. lol