Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fire Cider! The newest member of my cold and flu arsenal. (THM friendly)


I first saw this recipe floating around the web last year. I made it and threw it away once it was done. I admit it. Fear got the best of me. That and a person's negativity. Ugh... I'm not a fan of being wasteful, or fearful for that matter. It was a sad time for me.

This year I did some more research and was determined to try it again. The negative person is no longer in my life and I knew what I had to do. I had to squish fear where it hurts and I'm so glad I did!

This stuff is awesome!

 It does take weeks to reach its proper potency but when it's done, in the words and inflection of my 7 year old, "It's awesooooome!" lol

I have kicked one sickness already this week by taking this every hour for a day and a couple times the next two days. Praise God for a break from all that garlic cutting!!

And... it's THM Friendly!! You can even drizzle it on a yummy salad as a dressing.

Here's the recipe...

  • 1/2 cup grated Horseradish
  • 1/2 cup fresh grated Ginger
  • 1 medium Onion, chopped
  • 2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (I love me some cayenne, cher. For those of you wondering what I just said, I'm Cajun French and cher is a French people term of endearment ;) It translates to "dear.")
  • Zest and juice (or juice only) from one lemon
  • 1 Tbsp. Turmeric powder
  • Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Cut it all up and place in two large jars. Fill bottles with Apple Cider Vinegar. Use wax paper to keep contents from touching the metal lid.
2. Shake daily. Store 4-6 weeks.

*You can also add honey to yours when its done. I didn't and we all love it! (well, not hubby, but I never thought he would. lol) My 2 and 4 year old beg for it! They love the kick it gives you. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment