The other night we were in need of a quick dessert and this mama wanted to try something different. I stumbled upon a recipe for peanut butter cheesecake and thought I'd give it a try. After all, it looked yummy and was really easy to make. I can't find the website where I got it so I can't share the website where I got it with you. Just know, it wasn't this mama who created this rich dessert. IT's just this mama who is sharing another mom's recipe so that you too can share in her creation.
Each serving I split into two since it was so rich. If you're trying to lose stubborn pounds you might want to do that too If not, more power to you. Get ready, this little dessert will have you feeling like you had real New York style cheesecake peanut butter style. It's rich I tell you!
- 3 Tbsp. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. No sugar peanut butter (I use Adams)
- pure white stevia to taste
- sugar free chocolate chips to top (optional) For the girls I used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, not sugar free
*Update* Fast fwd. a day and you'll find me wanting a snack. It's nap time, the house is quiet and I don't want to make much noise. So... I decided to try to make this little treat even better for me. Low and behold it's even yummier than when I first had it. Here's what I used. :)
- 2 Tbsp. no sugar peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 scoop Swanson's vanilla SF whey protein
- pure white stevia (to taste)
- just a little unsweetened almond milk (this will make your protein snack really nice and creamy. I didn't use much because I wanted to keep the cheesecake feel.)
Next time I think I will replace 1 Tbsp. peanut butter with peanut flour and add a little more almond milk for less calories. Yummy... yummy... yummy.