Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

DIY Homemade Diaper Rash Cream


I was pretty excited when I stumbled upon this recipe from Keeper of the Home. I was on a search for the recipe I had gotten a long time ago for the Baby Butt Balm I made and loved.

When I saw this one I was intrigued and knew I wanted to make it which I did and boy was it easy! This recipe makes a lovely cream. Even better it's Cloth diaper safe. Oh yeah!

The following recipe will make only one container. I doubled mine. I have two hiney's in diapers and mama's in and out of my home with little ones.


Get ready to say goodbye to Desitin!

  • 1/8 cup beeswax (1/2 oz)
  • 2/3 cup Coconut Oil
  • 3/4 Tbsp. Zinc Oxide Powder


  1. Melt beeswax and coconut oil over medium heat in a double boiler. When melted, put in a bowl and mix in zinc oxide powder with either an immersion blender or a hand held one. I used my Kitchen Aid pink handheld.
  2. Pour into container and cool.

It's that easy! I didn't add any scents but you can if you want. For easy clean up, wipe your bowl before with a paper towel and discard before washing. I did this and washed my things with pretty hot water and soap and had no issues getting it all to come clean.

This would make a great gift at a baby shower or for a friend with lots of little ones!!

2 comments:

  1. He he he, she giggled - I saved this to my Pepperplate recipes. I know - don't eat it!! But, it is a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also make this recipe been using it for a year now its amazing I also don't add any sent to it but I did add a bit of vitamin E, this stuff is amazing and even works better than a few store bought that I have tried most cases the rash is gone by the next day with this stuff

    ReplyDelete