Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

SF Raspberry Vanilla Jam (THM FP)

 
I love jams. Heck, I love sugar, well maybe the taste, that is. I sure don't like some other things that go along with eating too much sugar like weight gain, diabetes and even heart disease, all of which run in my family.
 
If you're looking for a cost effective, tasty sugar-free jam, this recipe is for you. :)
 
It's so easy to make that you'll be thrilled!
 
What you'll need.
 
  1. Raspberries (I used 1 1/2 small bags from Fred Meyer. I didn't use 2 because I didn't have two full bags left LOL :) You can use strawberries, black berries, or mixed berries as well. These would all keep it as a FP. Using blueberries would make it an E if you ate over a certain amt. I'm too tired mentally at this point to figure out how much that would be so for me I still to FP berries ;)
  2. Truvia and Pure White Stevia (or sugar alternative of choice)
  3. Glucomannan (For convenience purposes I have some gluccie in a shaker which is so handy when thickening jams or gravies)
  4. Vanilla extract
  5. Water 
 



All you do is put the frozen (you can use fresh if you prefer) berries in your pot and add some water until it comes up about halfway, maybe a little less. It doesn't really matter. The more water only means the more yummy jam you'll have.

Turn burner up to med/high and don't leave it. You will want to stir it gently during this process.

Add a dash of pure vanilla extract.

Add 2 tsp. Truvia and a sprinkle of pure white stevia. (to taste)

Sprinkle gluccie as your stirring. How much you use will depend on you and how thick you will want it. It took me maybe 5 minutes to get mine to where I wanted it. As I was stirring I tasted it to make sure it was the right sweetness.

*warning* If you have littles in your home like I do since I homeschool, you will most likely need to have spoons ready so that your wee ones can have a taste at what is making their home smell so good. Just sayin...   :)

Happy sugar free-jam eatin!

1 comment:

  1. Blackberries. That's my favorite. And, I've added this to my Pepperplate recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete