Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Make Your Own All Natural Deoderant Cheap & Easy


I began making my own deodorant years ago. So long ago that I don't even know where I got the recipe. I do not take credit for it, but I am here to say it works. It works so well that when I accidentally forgot to put it on one day a year or so ago I was amazed that I had no issues. Seriously, I was so excited I had my husband smell my armpit. You might think this odd, but you don't know my husband and I. We are best friends and when I'm excited, he is excited about what I'm happy about. I share the good and bad with him. I guess you're probably thinking he was pretty blessed that day that I wasn't sharing anything bad with him.

 If you only knew about the time I had him taste a Spring Roll from a Chinese restaurant back in our hometown of Houston, Texas that tasted and smelled like Giraffe poop. hahaha No, I have never tasted Giraffe excrement, but if you've ever been to the Houston Zoo you would know what Giraffe poop smells like, and that my friends is exactly what that spring roll smelled and tasted like! It was odd to say the least. And yes, that was our last time eating there.

Anyway, back to the deodorant. I love this recipe. It's simple, cheap and it fills two deodorant containers. I apply it once a day during winter and sometimes a couple times a day during summer.

On a side note: This deodorant will melt at high temperatures due to the coconut oil. I keep mine in my bathroom at room temperature and it remains solid. Store at room temp. or cooler.



  • 1/2 cup Cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup Baking Soda (I use right under 1/4 c. because my skin is really sensitive)
  • 6 Tbsp. Coconut Oil

*Optional* 10 drops of your favorite essential oil. I used vanilla when I made my last batch. When I'm pregnant I don't use any scents.

3 comments:

  1. Now, explain about filling 'deodorant containers' and their source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super easy. I do the final mixing with my hands and then spoon the deodorant into the container. As it fills up I will push it down until it's firmly packed in there just like what you buy in the store. It's crazy easy, good for your body and really inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super recipe, but I use equal amounts of arrowroot powder and baking soda, and just enough coconut oil to mix. I have used essential oils but not always. After using this for several years now, it is wonderful! I tried putting it in the push-up containers, but in the hot summers it still melted and came out the bottom, so I just put it in cute jars.

    Always Experiencing Him,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete