Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Raising Future Wives & Moms: Making Homemaking Fun


Ever since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to be a mother. I would lovingly play with my dolls, caring for their every need. Today, I am blessed to be able to be a mother and care for the needs of real little people and babies.

As a mom to all girls, 5 at home, and a follower of Jesus I believe it is my duty to raise future godly wives and homemakers. This is no easy task my friends, but it is a huge blessing for God to entrust these special little ones to my care and teaching. I have learned much over the years.

One of the many things I have learned is that more is 'caught than taught' with children, as Michael Pearl says. He is so right. Whatever I show joy in my daughters take notice.

Take cooking for instance. I love to cook for my family and my little ones love to help their mama. Above and below is my 4 year old assisting me in cooking fajita's.


 
For my little ones I have a pink step stool to make it easier to see and help me.
 
Below is my 7 year old folding a blanket.
 
I have had mom's ask me how I get my kids to help without moaning. First I tell them that every now and then I hear a moan but my kids do what I ask anyway. ;) For the most part though my girlies love to help. That includes doing laundry or even just picking up the house. Chores aren't chores if they're enjoyed. In our house singing while working is encouraged.



Another thing I do is start them young. My children are not a burden to me. I homeschool them and they are with their mom more than a public schooled child would be with theirs. I love this. From infancy I have them with me an begin teaching them little things. Most things they learn by watching me. Each one can't wait to be able to try their hand at a certain task that they were previously "too little," for.

Below is my youngest sitting with me while I did laundry.



My eldest at home is 12 and she is such a blessing to me in so many ways. My heart leaps with joy when I think of God blessing her father and I with her. She was our first and came after 7 years of infertility and miscarriages.

This sweet girl grew up watching me change into the homemaker I am today. She is a phenomenal big sister and enjoys learning what I can teach her and helping me with her little sisters. She dreams of becoming a pastry chef and a wife and mother. Her future husband is one lucky guy.


I have encouraged my daughters to hang out with me in the kitchen when they want. Our kitchen is small so it can become quite the dance but more often than not we all dance around each other quite well.

One thing I try to do is make the art of homemaking enjoyable and that includes having fun. In the below picture I was allowing my 7 year old to lick some icing.

 
Memories are made daily. I asked myself a long time ago what I wanted my daughters to remember.
 
 What did I want then to catch from me?
 
In my opinion there is a shortage of sweet, godly women in the world today. God blessed me with 5 daughters at home to raise for His glory and I believe it is my duty to do whatever is in my power to help shape them into strong godly women who are not only ready to be a helpmeet to their future husband and a good mom to their children, but also look forward to it with excitement, should that be what God has planned for their life. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment