Where Homemakin, Homeschoolin, Home Cookin, Sweet Tea, Babies, & Jesus are a part of life.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Matthew 18:3 Become as Little Children


Matthew 18:3

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

There are many reasons I feel blessed to be a mom. It was a dream of mine since I was a little girl playing with my baby dolls.

My personal journey of motherhood started at 16, long before it should have and sadly it is a story of long proportions and not always pretty.

On the bright side, we have an amazing God who loves us and wants us to be close to Him. I believe that's one of the reasons He gave us the above words in Matthew chapter 18. To enter into heaven we have to become like little children.



As silly as it may sound the above picture is how I feel when I think about being with Jesus one day, about seeing my earthly father again and seeing my unborn babies for the first time. I get almost giddy inside.

You don't have to be a parent to see that children unscathed by the world are different than us adults. Left to grow at their own pace there is an innocence, a purity, a trust and truth that most adults just don't possess. How can one not love that? Especially our Creator?


My daughters have such a joy of life that it's highly contagious. Each little thing in their life has the potential in their eyes to be something great. .

They don't initially see bad anywhere. They are prewired to see good in all things. And they are each filled with so much love that it literally bursts out of them even as babies.



We all adore baby kisses. They're the best!


Children aren't tainted like most adults. They are forgiving and resilient. They are incredible.




They are precious gems.




I often find myself laughing with my children. Their antics keep me smiling and today something dawned on me. Being around my kiddos as a homeschool mom has allowed me to be blessed to where I get to see the world through their eyes every day.



I have to share with you that when I had this revelation I realized I was smiling because I wasn't looking at the world through my eyes anymore. I was looking at it through a child's eyes and what a blessing it was.

I can tell you this much. It's a much happier view.

No comments:

Post a Comment